Located in South Fort Worth, Bluff Manufacturing, for over 45 years, has been a leading provider of steel and aluminum ramps, portable yard ramps and warehouse safety equipment. An acquisition, in 2010, of a 35 year old mezzanine structures company has greatly expanded our line. Our long-standing commitment to the highest quality and outstanding customer service has helped to sell our “material handling solutions products” to companies both small and large.
Mission: The Structural Engineer will design and develop new and modified products based on team interaction with the marketing and sales department. He / she will produce and maintain manufacturing instructions via detailed Bills of Materials and CAD drawings while continuously improving the quality and robustness of the products and manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Design mezzanine structures according to customer requests
• Interface with marketing, manufacturing and financial departments to insure that the new product can be made and sold with the highest return to the corporation.
• Modify the designs of existing products to meet the needs of a changing market
• Update/maintain a project report for all design or redesign projects including changes made and implementation schedule.
• Utilization of CAD to produce detailed production drawings and drawings for sales proposals
• Explore the technical needs of customers to develop criteria for new or modified product designs
• Regularly help to implement ideas to improve product quality, reduce costs, and improve customer satisfaction
• Generation, maintenance, and improvement, of BOM’s in support of production designs
• Simplify and standardize product designs and manufacturing processes
• Work with customer service to propose and build products with special modifications
• Maintenance of filing system for all engineering documentation
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with emphasis on structural steel design and analysis.
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD. Experience with Inventor a plus.
• 5 or more years of work experience in manufacturing and / or metal fabrication
• Understanding and appreciation of Lean Manufacturing principles.
• FEA/Stress analysis and strength of materials
• IBC /OSHA building code knowledge.
• Able to quickly learn the company’s products and manufacturing processes
• Able to work efficiently, producing substantial output with minimal wasted effort
• Honesty and integrity
• Attention to detail – not sacrificing important details for the sake of expediency
• Team player – putting personal agendas aside while contributing for the good of the team
• Flexibility and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Send your resume and salary history to: email@example.com