Personal and Professional Development
- Our section offers opportunities to attend speaker events.
- Take advantage of the Society’s online webinar series, a free benefit of SWE membership! Sample topics include leadership development, salary negotiation, work-life balance and more.
- SWE Region and Society Conferences offer countless workshops on topics for all engineers, whether you are just starting your first job, are an experienced corporate professional, or work in academia.
- Exercise your organizational and planning skills by helping to plan section and outreach events.
- Gain leadership skills by serving as a section officer.
- Step it up a notch by serving at the region level or serving on a national committee.
- Be part of the leadership pipeline to steer you towards a top leadership role at the national level.
- Every SWE event is an opportunity to network with other women engineers!
- Our section offers regular joint events with our sister group, the Dallas SWE.
- Attend the Region or Society conferences to meet engineering professionals from other cities and take advantage of first-class Career Fairs.
- Participate in annual events such as the Girls in Engineering Day at the Fort Worth Science Museum.
- Help the collegiate sections host Girls Scouts and Girls Inc groups for fun engineering workshop days.
- Volunteer to help with larger outreach events such as BEST Robotics, Future Cities, and Sally Ride Science Festivals.
- Attend annual joint meetings with the collegiate sections at the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA), Texas Christian University (TCU) and the University of North Texas in Denton (UNT).
- Help us honor the graduating senior engineers in the collegiate sections by attending our spring Senior Sendoff event.
Regional & National Events
- Be one of the over 6,000 attendees at the National SWE Conference held every fall. This exciting event includes company tours, professional development classes (credit offered), keynote speeches, workshops, an engineering career fair and a society awards banquet.
- Attend the annual Region C Conference held within our region each winter. Meet and network with students and professional engineers in our four-state region (Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana).
- Participate in the Region C leadership retreat and share ideas with other leaders from around the region.
If you aren’t currently a SWE member, visit the swe.org website to join!