We just returned from WE15 energized and we are excited about awesome accomplishments and refreshed perspectives! The Music City Center in Nashville, TN was the perfect venue for the 8,600 attendees, 300+ sessions, hundreds of employers, sponsors, and academic representatives at the Career Fair, and numerous competitions and award presentations held throughout the conference. Visit we15.swe.org to see streamed feeds of select keynote addresses and plenary sessions to get a feel for the experience if you were unable to attend. Visit the Region C Facebook page as well for more photos of the conference!
The Fort Worth professional section had 5 attendees at the conference: Carol Bachman, Hope Schwalls, Kim Trost, Natalie White, and Sherry Williams. Our sister collegiate sections, TCU, UTA, and UNT also had several dozen attendees and we loved seeing all of their updates and photos on social media!
Region C was well-represented too, including several prestigious national awards:
- First Place Professional Communications Award
- Distinguished Engineering Educator – Nandika D’Souza, UNT
- Outstanding New Engineers (Professionals)
- Shelley Stracener (Dallas)
- Kate VanDellen (Dallas)
- Victoria (Tori) Tinsley (MAL)
- Collegiate SME Bowl Champions
- Google Hackathon Champions (Best Overall and Best Creativity) – “Cardboard Cutouts”
- Natalie White (Fort Worth Professionals)
- Jordan Kayse (SMU)
- Loubna Zoubair (Georgia Tech)
Here’s a slideshow of some of our snapshots from the conference! Don’t miss next year’s conference – WE16 will be in Philadelphia, PA!